- In general, it is known as “geometry” or in English “geometry” logical rules, and logical reading on the surrounding real-world,
- Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering that uses the principles of basic science, mathematics and biology in chemistry, designing, designing, industrial or manufacturing chemical processes, in addition to designing various chemical reactors, refinery towers, and heat exchangers.
- Also included in the field of “chemical engineering” or what is called in English “chemical engineering” are the processes of matter, heat and mass transfer. Chemical engineering is concerned with several matters such as petrochemicals, the pharmaceutical industry, and more.
What is the role of the engineer?
Chemical industries, chemical industries, and petrochemicals. Chemistry engineers study in experiment, basic science principles. And let’s not forget their greatest role in industrial processes and prepared work and with the use of chemistry, plastics are used. In addition to discovering ways to eliminate long-range sources.
Fields of work in the field of chemical engineering:
- Chemical Engineer.
- Biochemistry engineer.
It is also possible to work in the following areas:
- Engineering consulting companies.
- Petroleum refineries.
- Raw material factories.
- chemical plants.
- Petroleum and petrochemical factories.
- The educational sector in schools and universities.
- Work in many industrial fields such as oil companies, pharmaceutical companies, analysis laboratories, and quality control laboratories.
Information About Chemical Engineering
These are the subjects that are related to the specialization, but it is not possible for male and female students to study them all, as they can choose a number of hours determined by the university, and examples of these subjects in the chemical engineering major are engineering materials science, biochemical engineering, mineral extraction, and management for chemical engineering, Knowing that these courses and their names may differ from one university to another, the content seeks to achieve the same goal.
Some universities offer annual scholarships in the field of chemical engineering. You can contact us to give you more information about these scholarships because they differ from year to year.
It is known that obtaining a bachelor’s degree in most majors does not take more than four years, except for engineering and medical majors. Therefore, the period required to graduate from the chemical engineering major is five years of study, which is approximately equivalent to 162 credit hours.
Any specialization in the world is required and desirable in countries, and vice versa in other regions where it may suffer from stagnation and saturation.
Specialization is required if the labor market needs it. Thus, it is easy for graduates of this major to find a job.
While stagnation and saturation result in the non-employment of graduates of this specialization and the difficulty for them to find a profession in the field because the labor market does not need it.
Relatively speaking, the chemical engineering major is saturated in the Middle East and North Africa region, and it was not mentioned in the list of required majors in the regional labor market because it is saturated in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the Emirates, Bahrain, Oman, and Jordan as well.
On the other hand, the demand for chemical engineering increases in the European labor market and other regions, because it believes that it needs vacancies in the field due to the small number of chemical engineers, and the demand for it increases specifically in Canada, Germany, Japan, England, Australia, and the United States specifically in New York .
Major Tuition Fees
What are the qualities of a successful engineer?
Ambition, desire, and inclinations are among the most important things that we must take into account before choosing a university major. Accordingly, the platform has prepared for you a list of business, practical translation, and personal papers that lead to studying a chemical engineering major.
- The student must have joined the scientific or industrial track at the high school level.
- The high school average should not be less than 80%.
- Office work skills.
- Field work skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- mastering the English language.
- Computer skills.
- Teamwork and team spirit.
- strong memory.
- Desire to study a major that combines engineering and basic sciences.
- Ability to handle chemicals and precision instruments.
- The ability to conduct scientific experiments.
- Good background in scientific subjects and their basics.
- Good background in chemistry.
- Good background in physics.
- Good background in mathematics.
- STEM skills, which are science, technology, engineering, and math skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Logical thinking.
- Prepare to write the necessary reports.
- creativity and innovation.
- Leadership personality.
- Understand the basics and rules of public safety.
- Intensity of observation and attention to the smallest details.
Chemical engineering subjects:
Many specializations are based on the chemical engineering specialization in a vital way, such as nutrition, pharmacy, the pharmaceutical industry, and the food industry, in addition to biochemistry and biomedicine engineering, corrosion science, environmental pollution, environmental preservation, and even space science.
Therefore, let’s get acquainted with all the materials, courses, and courses that chemical engineering students take in a bachelor’s degree!
These are the subjects taught by all students of colleges and majors, regardless of specialization. These subjects are different according to the country and the university, but they generally include national education, scientific research skills, philosophy skills, and human civilization.
These are the subjects that require male and female students to complete a certain number of academic hours, and this also depends on the university. However, some examples of these subjects are literary and human subjects such as history, social media, special topics, and leadership and creativity.
This section includes a certain number of academic hours of subjects that male and female students can choose between, such as calculus, basic sciences such as physics, introduction to engineering, and engineering drawing; Where the subjects differ from one university to another.
This is the section in which the engineering student must complete all of his study hours and all of his requirements.
- General Physics.
- General Chemistry.
- Practical analytical chemistry.
- Organic Chemistry.
- Analytical Chemistry.
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering Principles.
- Mathematical Methods in Chemical Engineering.
- Fluid mechanics.
- Physical Chemistry.
- Process Heat Transfer.
- Chemical reactor engineering.
- Industrial Safety Engineering.
- Process Design.
- Numerical Methods in Chemical Engineering.
- Solid particles.
- Matter transfer operations.
- Heat and Mass Transfer Operations.
- Chemical Engineering Laboratory.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Process Dynamics and Control.
- Chemical Plant Design.
- Modeling Process by Statistical Methods.
- Local Chemical Industries.
- Computer applications in chemical engineering.
- Practical training.
There are some subjects that are distributed over more than one track or several tracks, such as calculus, general chemistry, basics of chemical engineering, and thermodynamics. The chemical engineering laboratory is divided into four laboratories, for example.