Dentistry is the art and science of diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases of the teeth, jaws, and the soft tissues around the mouth. Dentists care for their patients in a number of ways, particularly through their ability to identify, treat, and prevent problems with the teeth and their supporting tissues.
As we all know, human health begins with the mouth. Therefore, oral health and safety often affects a person’s health. It is even documented in medical protocols for some chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. Fighting infection also begins with strong, healthy and clean teeth, and we often hear about dental diseases. Dentists work to treat them and protect people’s lives and safety. In dentistry, matters are not only limited to the teeth, but also the muscles of the face, neck, salivary glands, tongue, and even the teeth, all of which are related to the mental state of the patient. This is why studying dentistry is so important. This importance translates into the number one reason for studying dentistry, which is why students love it because of its various advantages, including: dentists have a high status in society, self-employment, and high annual income.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Dentist
One of the primary duties of the dentist is to examine the mouth and teeth of patients of different age groups and to provide or apply the appropriate treatment. The general task of the dentist can be simplified as follows:
- to eliminate caries and fill in the gaps using various filling techniques.
- Teeth and molars are extracted if necessary.
- Dental treatment, aesthetics and occlusion problems.
- Anesthesia is used during medical and therapeutic procedures to prevent pain.
- Prescribing antibiotics, pain relievers, and other medications needed by the patient.
- In addition to applying various dentures for diseases and supervising the work of the technical, professional and administrative staff, providing comprehensive and updated care, improving the patient’s condition, teeth and mouth, and helping to treat his problems.
Most Important Areas of Work for Dentists
- Dentist in a private clinic
- Outpatient clinics working in hospitals and health insurance
- teeth whitening specialist in a beauty center
- Assistant director of cosmetic dentistry in major clinics and hospitals
Major Tuition Fees
Why study dentistry in Turkey?
The medical sector in Turkey continued its development and progress until treatment in the country became a source of healing for all people around the world, and over the years the country's medical condition has improved from the old situation and this is what helped Turkey advance in treatment and medicine as a recognized country in terms of technological progress in treatment.
What subjects are studied in the Faculty of Dentistry in Turkish universities?
- Introduction to medical sciences
- Study of molecules and cells
- organization Biological organization
- The study extends from cells to include the human
- body Musculoskeletal system
- Preventive dentistry, cardiology and dental tissues
- system Nervous system
- Introduction to dentistry, its tissues and diseases, blood vessels and systemIntroduction
- Introduction to Fixed Prosthodontics (two parts)
- to Endodontics and Biology
- Patient assessment and treatment planning
- Partial prosthodontics
- Advanced endodontics
- Small oral surgeries and anesthesia
- Facial orthopedic surgeries
- Pediatric dentistry
- Periodontics and advanced
- Orthopedic surgeries and pediatric dentistry
- Large mouth surgeries and regenerative periodontal surgery
- General oral health and dentistry for the elderly
- maxillofacial and dental accidents Oral and maxillofacial
- pathology Oral and maxillofacial
- diagnostics practice Periodontal
- practice Endodontic
- practice Dental
- practice Oral diagnostics and maxillofacial radiology
- Compensation exercise Dental
- practice Orthodontics
- Treatment of facial and maxillofacial tumors Oral
- Disorders and problems of the jaws and their treatment
- Treatment of advanced prosthodontics with CAM / CAD techniques
- Legal problems that may occur between the doctor and the patient The
- practice of diagnosing oral diseases and maxillofacial surgery
- practice of periodontics
- practice of cosmetic dentistry
- The practice of endodontic treatments
- Practicing dentistry
- Practicing dental prosthodontics
- Practicing the diagnosis of oral diseases and maxillofacial radiology
- Practicing orthodontics
What are the most important private Turkish universities
that teach Dentistry in English:
University is located in the Asian section of Istanbul in the Tuzla region. It is considered one of the largest universities in terms of area
in Turkish universities: It is six academic years
The first and second year: It is concerned with studying important scientific subjects such as mathematics, physics and chemistry …
The third year: It begins by giving the student the beginnings of anatomy and microbiology
The fourth and fifth year: We begin the practical and clinical aspect, as for the sixth and final year: it depends on purely practical training, and the student may be given a small salary during it.
specialties. If you feel that you need more information, you can contact our team directly